Wednesday, August 01, 2007


Like my first taste of beer, life has it's bitter moments. I am down with another infection. This time it's the bug that gives you blisters in your mouth and on your feet and hands. Papa calls it HFMD. I picked it up from the infant care facility which I attend three times a week. My blisters started appearing on Monday and I am now being strictly quarantined. Nothing for the whole week. No school, no outings, no TV, no playing with my cousins, no anything. Nada, zilch, nyet. It is now day three of my solitary confinement and the isolation is starting to get to me. It's worse than the disease itself, which so far I have handled very well. There is no fever, only the blisters that have cropped up on my legs, hands, tongue, lips and throat. I feel only mildly uncomfortable, and am going about my business like nothing has happened. In fact my appetite has not diminished one iota, which is surprising all at home. I am sill eating voraciously, like there is no tomorrow. Papa says I need to be confined for the benefit of others, so I need to be patient and understanding. It's tough, but I have been co-operating well so far. Papa is very proud of me. This will be one of the longest weeks of my life.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Hi dear Evan,

    My goodness, you are catching all the bugs going around. Well, your body will be immune to these nasties in the future. It means you'll be well enough and strong enough when you start school and there will be no sick days for you then!

    You really are a gorgeous young boy and I hope your papa takes heart that you are truly a child of your parents' loving union.

    There're 'lurgies' aplenty in Brisbane presently including Chia Min who is staying with us. She had been off work the past couple of days.

    James is learning to drive and Amy is off to school camp for the week next week. Otherwise we are just going along as per usual.

    Lots of love,
    A. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 PM

    Hi Colin

    So glad Evan hasn't lost his appetite. It can very painful if blisters in mouth and throat.

    Such a Joy to see him growing so well and doing so much - hope he gets to go back to school soon :)

    mich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Hi Evan...

    Hope u get recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad to not see you on the weekend Evie. Noo is also down with something. Hope you both get well soon and don't pass stuff to each other.

    Hang in there boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:21 PM

    Hi Evan, it must have been months now since I last visited your site and I must say you're growing up to be a fine young man... watch out daddy! Well, like I always say, take your time to do what you must to the best of your ability. I'm pretty sure you'll be up and running soon. Until then, keep building your strength!

    Colin, keep up the good work.

    Love and Blessing,
    Li-lin

    ReplyDelete