Monday, January 14, 2008


I am now 11.6kg and stand 85cm tall. That's according to doctor Phua whom I saw last week. He says he is encouraged by all the progress I have made so far and that I am growing well in stature. But he cautioned that it is still too early to tell what I may suffer from in the long run. I can only try my best. Doctor Phua says that we will be able to tell more when I am 3 years old. I hope that I will be up to mark by then. Mummy will give me the strength and papa will be there to back me up, that I am sure of.

I said my first mandarin words the other day! I said "jai jien" ("goodbye") to my grandfather on my way home. I learned this from my teachers in the morning school I attend. But I am still shy of my mandarin so I don't say it all the time. Papa says that I am talking a whole lot more these days, most of which only I can understand. But I am beginning to get the hang of this thing they call "English". For now, I am content that they can't understand me when I cuss.

My buddy Vee Shen celebrated his 2nd birthday this week. I want to congratulate him for two years of a life well lived! I can't imagine feeling so old! I've been told that not long after, your teeth start to drop out! So sad when one enjoys his food so much. Never mind, papa says we have to learn to age gracefully. Mummy dearest, wish you were here.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I cannot believe how much you have grown! I am glad to see Papa is posting more often. You sure have turned into a cutie pie, standing tall and everything!

    ReplyDelete