Thursday, February 28, 2008


My first injury in play school, or was that fight school papa enrolled me for?

I was viciously attacked in school yesterday. A rabid Rottweiler puppy was disguised as one of the innocent looking boys in my class. What a good disguise it was too. One moment we were playing for the same toy, the next second it reared its true evil self, impaling me with its hideous fangs and feasting on my tender meat. I let out a short whimper which attracted the attention of my teachers, who lunged to my rescue. By which time the creature had retreated into its human disguise. Alas, it was too late, I was already branded by the mark of the Beast, with its poisons coursing through my veins. The animal was placed in quarantine by my teachers and its parents were later alerted to its beastial tendencies. If it was left to me, I would have called the vet in to put the animal out of its misery and do the rest of the class a big favor.

Papa was duly informed soon after, but was still shocked to see the extent of the injury. I was non-plussed and was back to my normal self. No point dwelling on things we can't control papa said to me. He congratulated me on not retaliating and being so brave, but said something about enrolling me in the first available toddler karate class. Lucky for that animal, guns are illegal in Singapore.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:33 AM

    Oh dear Evan! The bite looks worse that your little brave self will let on!

    I can almost imagine how your Papa feels, and about the rotweiler too!

    Hope you're both well!

    Sharon & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:15 PM

    oh dear! wat a vicious attack... poor E!

    amazingly kids tend to forgive and forget easily compared to adults :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Hi Evan,

    That's a nasty wound! I trust you are recovering well. Sorry for the long silence. Things have been hectic down this way. My first born has been a trial lately- don't you be a teenage rebel to your papa!

    Congratulations on graduating to toddler school - you may have L plates for walking but you have advance plates for cerebral power - you know how to handle your papa, for instance.

    Love,
    A. Gerry

    ReplyDelete