Thursday, April 02, 2009



As I leave the the second year of my life behind, I can look back and say that it has been a milestone indeed. It was the year of independence. The year I figured out how to walk and talk, and the year my body was strong enough to resist better all those nasty bugs we pass to one another.

My evolution to a functional biped homosapien has brought new found mobility and immeasurable joy. And misery some might add. Who cares that I'm still a little shaky and unstable on my feet. As my dad says, I won't be a professional athlete, but I can still be an Olympian in many other ways.

The winds now also carry the sounds of my incessant chatter. My new found voice has been a blessing. And a mild curse some might add too. Like all new found independence, it has to be harnessed

My immune system has been firing on all 8 pistons. Sick I have been, but thankfully the fevers have been less frequent and certainly haven't reached the same highs as last year. *fingers crossed*



This year brings new challenges. I start pre-school at a more intensive pace. Five full half mornings a week. I also continue with the Early Intervention Program in the Rainbow Centre two afternoons a week. I have my work cut out for me by papa. He says that I need to strengthen my walking skills and learn to be more balanced. I also have to work on giving my speech more clarity. This will be a very telling year indeed.

It has been almost three years since mummy left us. Our hearts still weigh heavily as if it was only yesterday. I wish she could see me grow up. I wish she was here for me to hug. We miss you so much, the heavens aren't big enough to fill our love.


1 comment:

  1. singapore_shamrock@yahoo.com.sg1:47 PM

    Hi Evan. It's been a while since I've visited but we (my family) do think of you now ever so often. I'm really happy to see your progress and (and your dad's too :) ) and wish you nothing but continued blessings. Hopefully I'll make it to the next memorial basketball game - I've had to miss the pastthree due to travel scheduleds and illness. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete