Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Me and my automobile! It's even got my mandarin surname embossed on the front of the bonnet! I love sitting behind steering wheels.Papa has started to bring me to see an 'osteopath', Aunty Virginia. I have been seeing her to help me with my development. Papa thinks it can only do me some good.

Overall I have been doing well in the last few months. Still with my allergies, but not so intense. It might have something to do with my daily dose of antihistamines for the last few weeks. The rashes on my face have improved much and the skin situation appears to be stabilizing. I can crawl very fast these days, too fast for papa I am told. My sitting is more stable, and I am now able to push myself up to a kneeling position quite easily. I am also 'cruising' or 'coasting' as papa likes to say, at every given opportunity- pulling myself up onto low tables, stools and chairs so that I can explore and reach for more interesting things. My leg muscles are still not strong enough though and so I am pretty wobbly on two feet at the moment. I have recently learned to intentionally wave my hands and arms in a farewell gesture to people. That seems to have thrilled everyone. I can't speak yet, but that has not prevented me from vocalizing my needs assertively these days. Despite all these changes, I'm still the happy smiley baby that my papa so loves. He still calls me 'Mr Sunshine' because I always have a ready radiant smile for him in the mornings when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment