Friday, June 22, 2007


Papa has recently enrolled me into the Rainbow Centre. It is a place with a big heart. This is where children with special needs go to for early intervention, special education and professional therapy. They see children with mild to very severe special needs and help them to achieve their fullest potential in a holistic environment. I have been accepted into the Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Young Children (EIPIC) because of my developmental delays in motor skills. Although papa feels that I am doing well so far, he and his council of 'wise advisers' think that this programme can only do me more good. It is a very well run and professional organisation, with many talented, dedicated and passionate staff. It gives hope to many families. I will be going to a class with other children who are like me, with delays in their normal development. This centre will hopefully help to accelerate my progress. Papa is very confident I will graduate with flying colors in time to come. For the moment, I will be attending twice weekly, two hour sessions filled with music, art and play.

Mummy, I wish you could be here to see me and to be with me when I attend these classes. I do so miss you so very much. Love you mostest! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:05 PM

    so evan goes to 2 schools now? with early intervention i am sure he will catch up, God willing!
    there are few schools that integrate special needs children in their mainstream prog.
    i find my D benefit from being with other well children thru copying and "peer pressure".
    we travel abt 50km to and from sch :P aahhhh the things that we do for our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:11 AM

    Hi Evan,

    Glad to see you're back to good health again. It's very cold here at the moment but there's been some rain, thank God, although we could do with much more to break the drought and raise the dam levels. Never has there been so much talk about water saving measures and conservation in Brisbane.nay, Australia! Ironically, it's flooding in some parts of Australia now. Your Auntie Julie visited Brisbane last week and we were fortunate to have her for a day to show her around. She's a very nice lady. She said that you are a cheerful and loving young man - I can tell from the photos your papa posts on your blog site.

    Take care and God bless you little one,

    Lots of love,
    A. Gerry

    ReplyDelete