Thursday, April 26, 2007

I had my appointment to see Uncle Phua today. He says that I am doing well. A little delayed with the motor skills, but nothing too worrying. He sounded positive and encouraging.

Papa has noticed that I have met another milestone in the last few days. I have started to pull myself up to a squatting position on my knees, and am able to pull myself up onto low tables. I have brought smiles to my loved ones when I pull myself up to the railings of my cot, and have even started some basic 'coasting' around its sides. My legs aren't that strong and steady yet, but I am body-building every day. Soon my muscles will be bigger than papa's. Not.

Day 2 of my medications, and my wet nose is getting better. I am not cured yet, but at least I don't splutter and cough so much when I feed. 3 of the medicines are dissolved in my milk. They think I don't know, but I do. The antibiotic is being syringed into my mouth as I wriggle in protest twice a day. The pangs of growing up.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Hi Evan,

    It's wonderful to see you climb up on your cot. You look gorgeous. We have been thinking of you and papa and mummy over the Easter period. We spent 12 days in Melbourne with Uncle Denis and his family but you were not far from our thoughts. Life is pretty hectic here as it must be for you and your papa and grandparents.

    Keep up the good work.

    Los of love, A. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard people use the term "coasting" until now, we've always called it "cruising" ;-). Anyway, it was really nice to watch you pull yourself up to the standing position yesterday. Keep up the bodybuilding. With your papa's exercise habits, you'll be overtaking him shortly.

    B-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 PM

    hooray! evan is cruising. soon soon ur papa wil hv no choice but to exercise wen he runs aft u lol!
    with all those medications esp antibiotics, dont forget your good bacteria (probiotics) - v impt k?
    colin, if evan is still phlegmy maybe you wanna give TCM (tuina) a try - yuguo at castle court.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:58 AM

    Hi Evan,

    I can see and feel the determination in you. I know that you are trying hard, not just for yourself, but for the people around you...

    Aunty Li-lin

    ReplyDelete