Monday, March 19, 2007


Fever Day 3: As I enter the 3rd day of my fever, I have lost much of my usual energy. I have been feeling listless and lethargic. The medicine they put into my bum is starting to irritate me, and I have been having loose stools. My bum hurts. The fever has been spiking up into the 39degC range the whole day. So I continue to take my 4 hourly paracetamol syrup and 6 hourly 'Voltaren' suppositories to help control the raging fires within me. They have even changed my milk to soy milk, hoping it will not irritate my gastric so much. Everyone at home has been standing vigil over me today.

Papa brought me down to the hospital in the morning for a blood test. The results were not conclusive. Papa's worst fear is that I may have contracted Dengue fever. We will only know by Day 5 (this coming Tuesday). Meanwhile everyone is hoping the fever would have broken by then.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Evan,

    we are praying for your temperature to drop. It brings back bad memories of us sponging our babies, and using our IR thermoscanners throughout the night. Hope to see you soon!

    -B-

    ReplyDelete