Thursday, January 11, 2007


That's me at 9 days....


And that's me again at 9 months!

Day 282 (Friday, 12th January 2007): I have come a long way, according to papa. I am evolving so fast, papa still can't believe his eyes when he looks back at some of the 'old' photographs of me. At 9 months, papa says that I have become so much bigger in size that he is finding it difficult to carry me around like he used to. My baby-look has been lost forever. I am also more aware of my surroundings. I am no longer satisfied at being the passive observer. Curiosity and a strong will always get the better of me these days. Which can be dangerous sometimes, and very tiring for my care-givers all the time.

We had another physiotherapy session at Mount Alvernia Hospital on Thursday, and the therapist, Sharon, said that I had grown stronger since she last saw me. I am able to crawl better and sit up with more confidence. I still need to work hard on gaining my balance though. Papa is quietly confident that I will get there eventually, although he knows all too well that anything can happen.

Papa has been thinking about moving back to our own home sometime soon. The transition will not be easy, but is inevitable. He has been very grateful to my Uncle Douglas and Aunty Elena for their generosity. If not for their love and support these last nine months, papa would have been devastated. He will look back at the times spent with them as a time of strengthened bonds. Papa never really had the time before to get to know Aunty Elena and my cousins Timothy and Andrew very well. These last nine months have brought intimacy and a closeness that would never have otherwise existed. This has been one of the few rays of light piercing through the thick dark clouds that have enveloped us. The time has come to move on and confront the past before we can look again to the future. Whatever little that is left of it. The loving memories of mummy still burn deep within papa's heart. A fire that will never be extinguished. Not even by time. We all love and miss mummy very much.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 PM

    Thank God! Evan seem to be catching up fast :) God willing he will be fine. Hope you will both settle well in your own home soon. take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:10 AM

    Dearest Evan...we are so, so glad to hear your Daddy say it is time to move on without forgetting the past. Daddy loves you so much and he is clearly willing to move mountains for you.

    ReplyDelete