Wednesday, November 29, 2006



Day 238 (Wednesday 29th November 2006): My fever has yet to break. I have been having a lung infection, which is causing me to have a thick runny nose and a watery chest. My fever hovers just below the 38 deg C mark. I am currently being forced to drink a cocktail of four medicines- for the fever, phlegm, runny nose and cough. I hate them. I put up a struggle and cry a lot, I have even tried giving papa that pathetic look in the hope that he will save me whenever he looks on. But alas, I am too weak for now. Wait 'till I get bigger and am able to run. Fortunately, I have learned how to blow, and when I can muster the breath, I send the medicine bubbling out between my pursed lips to thwart the enemy. I think that they have been trying to trick me lately- 'cos I have a sneaky suspicion they have resorted to contaminating my milk supplies. I will have to watch them very carefully. I have been trying to convince them that I don't need the medicines anymore by acting as normally as I can- I have tried to eat normally and show them that I have a healthy appetite and even play like my normal self. I think that if I can keep this up for another day or two, I might just convince them that I am not sick. The only silver lining in the cloud, is that I get to skip my physiotherapy session tomorrow! Let's hope my fever breaks and my chest clears up soon though. I am getting bored of staying at home. Pray for me mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:29 PM

    sorry to hear that that evan is not well. gotta work on his immune system ya papa? another place to recommend you :- Yu Guo at 398 Changi Road tel: 6447 4761. it's TCM. Danial goes there 1-2 x per week for tuina.

    ReplyDelete