Wednesday, October 04, 2006



Day 182 (Wednesday, 4th October 2006): We have just returned from our holiday by the beach. It was very fun. I had my first taste of salty sea water and the first feel of fine sand between my toes. The beaches at our location were beautiful. Unfortunately the weather was very bad the first day we arrived- papa said that it was like a typhoon. The winds were strong and skies very wet. The second day was so much the opposite. It was almost perfect weather for the beach. It was bright, warm and there were plenty of clouds covering the sun. We had a great time at the beach in the morning and later again in the evening. Papa managed to snorkel at some rocks some way away from the beach. He said that he found a very lively reef there. Everyone had a very enjoyable time.

My facial rashes have gotten better. They have almost disappeared over the last five days. This is because papa had started applying a steroid cream for me which he said was stronger than the usual one. My Aunty Prisca thinks that the sun and salt by the beach has something to do with it too, not to mention the fine beach-sand facial scrubs that papa gave me. Just joking. He was almost tempted, but didn't. For all my worried aunties out there, papa says that the stronger steroid has only been applied for five days. He will step down to using a weaker steroid for another five days, before getting down to the routine use of non-oily moisturisers.

It was my Aunty Cynthia's birthday on Tuesday. It's also Uncle YP's birthday today! Happy birthdays to the two of them!

Tonight before I sleep, I will be praying for Aunty Sheena's papa. He has recently had a heart attack and is now in hospital. Please help to pray for him to get better soon. I am sure that mummy is praying hard for him too.

Mummy dearest, we all missed you during our holiday, especially me and papa. Papa says it just wasn't the same without you. I only have his words to paint a picture of you mummy. Why did you have to leave us so soon. Rest well mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    Hello! Evan,

    My heart goes out to you and your papa. I know that life is and will never be the same without mummy. Don't worry dear, I am very very sure your mummy is watching over you and your papa. She will send you kisses and will talk w you when you are asleep.

    I am glad that you and papa have had a great holiday together.

    Love,
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete