Wednesday, October 18, 2006




Day 196 (Wednesday, 18th October 2006): These are discouraging times. My facial rashes have returned. And boy are they angry with me. My skin is all raw and red again. Papa has reluctantly agreed to start on the Benavate quarter strength cream again. But only for a few days. He is aware that it thins the skin and is not good for me if used continuously for long periods. But something has to be done to make the skin less itchy and raw. It is proving to be frustrating for all concerned. Let's pray that it is just a passing phase of my development.

Aunty Sheena's papa is recovering from a heart attack and is about to undergo a major operation. The doctors will be doing a quintuple by-pass surgery on Saturday. Please pray for his well being. On the same note, my Aunty Sharmani is also in hospital recovering from an equestrian accident. She has injured her face and has broken some of the bones surrounding her eyes. Please help to pray for a complete and speedy recovery for her too.

Today, Thursday, is also the birthdays of my favorite Aunty Germaine, and my cute friend from the UK, Arabella. I want to tell them that I love them both very much and hope that they have had a splendid celebration.

Time seems to pass us so quickly. Like a torrential stream in an equatorial monsoon. Each growing day brings fresh discoveries for me. I can see the hopes and joys of my future reflected in papa's eyes. And yet his face is also written with the sadness of mummy's memories preserved in time. Time that has stood still. How will I remember her when he is gone? Will she recognise me when I am older? The expectations of a vibrant future, overshadowed by the anguish of a cherished mother. Mummy I love you so. We are lost in time. Pray for us so.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 PM

    Dear Evan,

    Don't be despair. I am sure your mummy is watching over you and papa. Time will heal the wounds of your papa and I am sure with God's grace, he will overcome it. Just continue to be there with him and smile at him more. With your smiles, it will met his heart and he will know that he is not alone in this world. He still has you. I will continue to pray for you and your papa.

    I hope those rashes are not being cruel towards you. I am not sure if it has got anything to do with the brand of milk that you are drinking. Papa may want to bring you for a test/check.

    U take care and will keep u and your family in my prayers.

    Blessings!
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Evan's Papa
    you might wanna try http://www.vitakids.biz/ if they have better option for evan's rashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Dear Evan

    Thank you for your birthday wishes. I wish you could be here to join my birhtday party this Saturday. There is a clown called Ollie who is coming and he is great!

    Sorry to hear about your rashes. I had a bad bout of them too when I was smaller - I was even bleeding because I scratched them so much with my fingernails. Mummy had to keep them short all the time. But the rashes went away in time. The docter said it may have been a fungi growth. Mummy used a cream from Australia called Sorbelene which seemed to help.

    Hope you get better soon.

    Love

    Arabella Li Lian
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:50 AM

    Hope you get better soon. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Don't know if these suggestions will help with the rash:

    1. Do an extra rinse cycle for all Evan's clothing and bedding, including bibs and nappies after the main wash cycle is completed (by selecting the final rinse cycle) to remove any traces of soap/detergent after washing.

    Sometimes a rash is caused by the residual soap/detergent when it comes into contact with the skin, especially if damp (eg from drool being mopped off the face with a bib)

    2.dab the rashes with expressed breast milk (any aunties with spare EBM)? or sooth with camomile ointment

    ReplyDelete