Friday, October 13, 2006



Day 190 (Thursday, 13th October 2006): We went to see Uncle Simon for my 6 month check-up on Thursday. It was a happy and a sad occasion. Sad because I was jabbed one more time in my right thigh- my final Hepatitis B booster shot. Happy because it was the last of my vaccinations for the next 12 months! Yippee! It's Oktoberfest, bring out the Erdinger my papa yelled. I am so glad to have completed them all. They should make T-shirts for all babies who have survived those first 6 painful months. It should say something like "If I knew how many needles were waiting for me, I would have refused to come out!", or "I'm a super disease-proofed, drugged-out, vaccinated-to-death baby".

I weighed in at 7.07kg and measured 69cm in height. Uncle Simon says my progress is encouraging. I know that I still have a long road ahead of me. But I believe that I will grow big and strong 'cos papa and mummy will be there to help me along. Papa says that there are so many other people out there who are praying for me and supporting my journey too.

Papa says that I am dribbling and drooling saliva in buckets now. He says I drool as much as I pee-pee! He says my teeth must be coming out soon, although he can't see anything in there at the moment. I have also recently discovered how tasty my my fingers can be. I can also make funny faces with my mouth and lips. Papa says that I have a rubber mouth. I have also learned to blow air through my mouth. I love to make bubbles and blow food at Aunty Mely. Though I have this feeling that she will not find it amusing for very much longer.

Papa tells me that I have, of late, become much more alert to my surroundings. I will grab at things, pull papa's hair and behave like a general busy-body. Papa is dreading the day that I will be able to crawl and walk. As it is, I can already turn over very quickly, and I can wriggle out of most arms. Papa calls me the squirmy-worm. But he is also happy to see me turn around another corner in my development. Tonight I prayed for my mummy's happiness and peace. I think that if I and papa are hurting so much, how much more painful it must be for her to watch from a distance. Take care mummy, we will be with you soon. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:13 AM

    Dearest adorable Evan,

    Can you see how wide is my smile of happiness for you? Am so happy and thankful to God for keping you so well, for you are doing so well, growing, exploring, discovering...so keep squirming, growing, smiling, learning, experiencing...and loving...as you grow in God's love, as well as the love of your dearest mummy and papa.

    Tell papa he and you are not journeying on your own here. indeed, be heartened by the knowledge that you, papa and all at home and mummy too are remembered and kept in prayers!

    always with love,
    aunty soo jen

    ReplyDelete