Monday, October 23, 2006






Day 200 (Sunday 22nd October 2006): Last Thursday I had a visit from my relatives who live in Indonesia. Uncle Herman, Aunty Ai May and cousins Andrew, Diana and Sophie, spent an evening with papa and myself. Aunty Ai May is papa's younger cousin. They have not seen each other for a long time. I got along very well with my cousins. They were very friendly, especially Andrew who was very comfortable cradling me in his arms. I hope to see more of them as I grow older.

On Friday I came down with a runny nose and a watery cough. Papa says that my cough has become more 'chesty' since then, and has started to give me some medicine (anti-histamines, Mucosolvan) to control the runny nose. Thankfully, I don't have a fever. The rashes on my face are getting better though. This is after three days of applying Betnovate quarter strength cream. Let's hope the rashes stay away. Otherwise papa says he may consider returning me for his 1 year money back guarantee. I think papa was just joking.

Two hundred days have passed mummy. Two hundred days may seem like a long time to some. But for us, it is two hundred days too short. Short when compared to an eternity in time, short when compared to the time we still have to wait before we are reunited with you. Wait for us mummy. Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 PM

    Hi Evan,

    You look very happy among your cousins. You are also looking good on video doing the roll around with accompanying vocal effects. Uncle CT has told me to tell your papa that hydrocortisone 1% ointment would be better for your rash eruptions - it has to be greasy to stay on the skin.
    Lots of love from Brissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerry, CT,
    thanks for the tips on the hydrocort. Unfortunately, the hydrocort 1% has been all but useless in stemming the serum caked eruptions on his face. That's why we have been forced to use Betnovate quarter strength cream intermittently. It has proven to be highly effective against the rash. Though we continue to be acutely aware of its potential hazardous effects as well. It's a fine line we tread. No easy solutions.
    -Colin

    ReplyDelete