Thursday, December 07, 2006


Day 246 (Thursday, 7th December 2006): Today, I finally end my course of antibiotic medicines. I am so relieved it's all over. I put up a whale of a struggle at each feeding time. I hate my meds! It took two, sometimes three people to administer my meds- one to hold me down, one to force it down my throat and another to cheer me on. I tried blowing it back up again, I even tried twisting my face into armpits, hiding my mouth and making lots of ugly noises to scare them away. Alas, I am too puny and weak. I have since developed an acute sense of smell for its sickly sweet odor and can usually detect it coming two rooms away. Pity I have not learned how to run yet. I hope I never fall that ill again.

Papa says that I have started to cut my very first two teeth! They are creeping out from the bottom jaw. I feel strange. It makes my mouth itchy. I can't imagine more of them sprouting up. Papa says that I will soon have a pearly smile rather than a toothless grin. I have also started to explore my feet lately. I have this irresistible urge to suck my toes! It amuses papa plenty but I think it disgusts quite a few others judging by the looks on their faces. There is a warm fuzzy feeling to the smooth sensation of my twinky toes nuzzled between my lips and tongue. It brings me great comfort somehow.

Mummy dearest, there isn't a moment that passes when I am wishing you were here sharing these growing-up moments with papa and me. I often wonder how you would have reacted to the things I do. Would it have been any different to the way in which papa responds I wonder. Papa says that no matter how much he tries, he can't 'mother' me, and that is something that I will have to learn to do without. I will be like a violin playing without one string, a rainbow without one color. Love you mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment