Friday, December 22, 2006


Day 261 (Friday 22nd December 2006): I have developed a fever yet again. There are no other symptoms at the moment, but on Thursday evening, papa recorded a temperature of of 39degC. The usual fever medicines were squirted down my throat, which has managed to contain it between the 37.5-38.7degC range so far. In fact the first night, when it did not subside sufficiently, a "suppository" was inserted into my "depository". My first encounter of the 'close' kind. As of today, Friday, the fever has still not subsided. Papa is a little worried naturally. This is the worst bout of fever that I have encountered to-date. Papa says that I must rise to the occasion yet again.


Fortunately, I had some fun before the fever consumed me. I was invited to attend my very first Christmas Gingerbread House party. I was only allowed to observe the other kids making the houses. It looked fun not to mention yummy! It was something about my fingers in my drooling mouth that seemed to make the difference as to how close they let me get to the action.
I can't wait for next years party- hopefully I will be able to hold my own.

Christmas is a sad time for papa. It reminds him of all the times mummy spent rehearsing and performing for the Church choirs and for the Singapore Philharmonic Chorus. It was a passion that made her very happy. Papa could tell, and though it meant less time together, he was always happy that she was in her element and enjoying herself. Christmas also signals the approach of their wedding anniversary. They were married on January the 1st. Papa says he will need the help of much fermented fluids this Christmas to carry him far away from these poignant memories. He dreamt of mummy the other night. It was a short dream. Mummy was in a happy mood, and she held papa's hand so lovingly, as she pulled him along to something that she wanted him to see. There was a feeling of love and assurance. Alas, the dream ended there. Papa thinks that it was his subconscious desire to be reunited with mummy that sparked the dream. I think that it was mummy trying to sooth papa's lonely soul. Mummy dearest, stay close to us and never let us go. We miss you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:44 PM

    Hello! Evan,

    A Merry and Blssed Christmas to you and daddy! Oh dear, those terrible fever bug must be disturbing you again. Please drink lots of water and ask daddy to sponge you as often as possible so as to bring the fever down.

    I was back last Fri with my family and we had an awesome holiday in Perth. Wish we could stay there longer. :)

    May I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

    Colin, I know that this festive season will be a painful one for you as Frances is not by your side. Don't despair as you have Evan by your side. Whatever it is, always know that God is you. He is watching over you and Evan, not forgetting Frances too, is watching. Whatever it is, life still goes on.

    U all take care and God Bless!
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete