Monday, December 04, 2006

A Letter for Evan.......

Dearest Evan,
Yesterday morning, I woke up from a dream about you and your mother. I was in a huge cathedral and there was going to be an important wedding. Since everyone was in white, it seemed like a heavenly wedding, and your mother was the bride.
The scene then shifted and your mum was seated on a piano stool, her back to a black grand piano. She was trying to catch the eye of Melly who was carrying you, but Melly was not looking in her direction. So I went up to Melly and picked you up and gave you to your mum.
Your mum was truly very happy playing with you, bouncing you on her knees and she was smiling and laughing - that wonderful smile and laughter that only your mum has. She truly looked very happy.
For me, the dream came at a significant moment because last night, there was a tribute to your mum at St Ignatius Church. We all miss her very much, and I miss her in the very depth of my being.
You see, your mum and I had a funny kind of friendship. I was too young (crazy I mean) to be a mother to her, and too old to be really a friend. So maybe we were like sisters. Your mum would share a few secrets with me and I thank her for trusting me. Without words, we both knew we loved each other very much and could count on each other whenever needed.
So it was with great sadness that your mum left us on my birthday, but at least her spirit didn't leave me without coming to me as I prayed for her at Mt Alvernia hospital. And now, you and I have birthdays on the same day.
Dear Evan, you had a wonderful mother who loved you intensely as she carried you in her tummy. And I am sure that she continues to love you and care for you from heaven. And we all, who loved your mother, will love you as our own.

With hugs and kisses, Auntie Di
3 December 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment