Thursday, June 08, 2006





Day 64 (Thu, 8th June 2006): I am now two months old & weigh almost 5kg! Last night I drank my first 135ml feed of milk! Everyone at home is very impressed. Papa says that all that milk is starting to give me a double chin and thunder thighs. Papa can't wait to bring me swimming. He says the love for water will be in my genes. My Godma El says that my milk was increased because I was starting to feed too frequently. I say keep it flowing!

I went to see Uncle Phua yesterday. He is my paediatric neorologist (what a yucky tongue twister that is). He spent some time with me, testing my muscle tone, reflexes and my 'cognitive' awareness. He was turning me on my back, pulling me up with my arms, knocking my knees and elbows and then he started to play hide and seek with me with his bobbing head. And I'm the one that's supposed to be tested? He is a nice man. He was happy overall with my progress so far. Though he did say that it was still early days yet. They are considering feeding me some nutritional supplements called 'Nootropil'. My papa is still weighing this option up. I think he thinks too much. But I understand he wants the best for me because he loves me so. I hear him sigh to himself sometimes, how he wishes mummy was with us to help him make these decisions. I am sure she is. If only he could hear her.

"Deep waters flow, out to the sea,
They never needed you or me.
One Summer Dream, One Summer dream.

Blue Mountains high and valley low,
I don't know which way I should go,
One Summer Dream, One Summer dream.

Warm summer breeze blows endlessly,
Touching the hearts of those who feel,
One Summer Dream, One Summer dream.

Bird on wing goes floating by,
But there's a teardrop in his eye,
One Summer Dream, One Summer dream."
-Jeff Lynne

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 PM

    evertime i read your blog there is this stabbing pain in my heart. but reading this post made me happy. Evan is thriving well. 2nd pix looks like Papa :) btw, don't like the sound of the neurologist :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:32 AM

    You call that a double chin? Boy... you have not seen mine! Keep it up Evan!

    ReplyDelete