Wednesday, June 21, 2006





Day 77 (Wed 21st June 2006): Papa thinks I have recently passed another baby milestone. He says I have become more aware of my surroundings over the last few days. I am staring more intently at people when they talk to me. I also seem fascinated with all the noise that my cousins make at home. There is a box that sits on the table with colorful moving pictures that I like too. Papa was groaning when he noticed me staring at it the other day. I sense that I will grow to like that funny little box one day. I am also starting to get to know my hands better. I like licking and sucking on them. Maybe that's why all this bubbly water keeps flowing from my mouth so much. Papa calls it drooling- the same effect that girls will have on me in ten years time apparently, he says. He said something about starting younger these days. I really don't know. Do girls taste better than my hands?

Papa says that I have also started to 'talk' more. After two whole months, he finally notices I'm actually talking to him. What does a kid have to do these days to get noticed. I am usually most talkative in the mornings when I first wake up. I can see that all my gagga-ing seems to bring a smile to papa's tired face. It makes me happy to see him happy too. Mummy would have been proud of me. Papa seems thrilled that I can now respond to his words. Although, I have to start teaching him a word or two of baby babble- he just doesn't get it. I was told during my baby classes that all parents came bilingual these days. Maybe he's an older model. He's a little slow on the uptake, if you know what I mean. It's going to be an extra long childhood for me it would seem. I've been told I just have to get him to 60 years of age and then I can start sending him to parentcare. I can't wait. I'm just kidding.

Mummy dearest, wish you were here with us to see me growing up. I know it would have made papa the happiest man on earth. See you in my dreams tonight mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment