Saturday, April 22, 2006






Day 17 (Sat, 22 April 2006): I am feeding well. I am sleeping well. I am crying more. Papa says his hair is not falling out as much as before.

Papa talks to me when he thinks I am sleeping. He thinks that I cannot hear him. I think he is talking to mummy. He talks to me often. Today Papa told me that he is happy that I am getting better. But it is also giving him more time to think about mummy. So he is also feeling sadder. He says that a part of him has died with mummy. The pain he says, is like a raw wound that will not heal. The emptiness, that of a barren desert. The loneliness is as a sunken ship at the bottom of the deepest ocean. The worst part papa says, is that no matter how many friends gather around him, that he knows he has to walk the long sad tunnel alone. That it will take much time to heal, perhaps an eternity.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Dearest Papa,
    You must miss mummy so very much and I am sure she is missing you too. Hold my hand as you make your way down that tunnel. I will try and shine some light to help you along the way.

    love
    evan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Dear Evan,

    Great to hear that you are doing better. I've not seen you in person...not that i don't wish to but i'm just a newborn like you :-)

    My daddy knew your daddy from their yearly "gathering" in OCT. But your daddy is more hardworking than mine and had since "retired" :-) My daddy said that your daddy is a good man and he was sad to hear what had happened. My daddy get to know about your blog from aunty Pat, who used to work with your daddy.

    You know, my daddy always said to me that seeing me growing up each days brings lots of joy and happiness. So Evan, you must continue to grow and feed well so that you will become a big strong and healthy boy :-) You will be the light and hope for your daddy and he will be strong for you too. May the Good Lord bless both of you abundantly and remember to rely on Him during difficult times.

    OK..I've to go now...you know what i mean..we newborns need to sleep alot to grow faster :-) Besides, its my daddy who is doing the typing and he too is having panda eyes :-) We are just good at this :-)

    God Bless Zzzzz......
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Dear Papa,

    Yes, it is going to be a long sad walk down the tunnel alone.... but we will be the cushion round the tunnel to absorb the pain from your fall, we will be the torch bearer to light up the dark tunnel on your journey to heal... we will be the music beckoning you to take each step to the end of the tunnel....

    Loves,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete