Thursday, April 13, 2006



Day 8 (afternoon): Papa came to see me today at about 4.20pm. Papa said that I was a little quiet at the start of his visit, but that's because I was in deep sleep & spending some quiet time with mummy. The nurses say I have been stable through the morning. My breathing was also regular and no further oxygen was required.

Dr Simon Ng was concerned that I have been too quiet and everyone wants me to cry! So there was some discussion among the doctors to reduce the medicine that I take that makes me feel sleepy. But my body must behave itself, otherwise they will increase the medicine again.

I love milk! Dr Ng says that they are gradually giving me more milk to drink. Today I am up to 35ml /3hrs. Dr Ng says that once I am able to drink 50ml of milk, they will allow me to suck milk from a bottle! Then I can say goodbye to the yucky tube that is sticking into my throat. So far he says my sucking and swallowing are a little weak at the moment, and I am finding it hard to breathe and swallow at the same time. I will train up very hard to do this well, otherwise they won't allow me to go home to papa.

Papa went home at about 6pm today, and I was feeling so lonely, though papa did say that mummy was with me all the time. I tried yawning, stretching and even opening my eyes to get his attention, hoping he would stay a little longer. In the end, all the activity just made me more hungry again, and I started hiccupping and couldn't stop! In the end, the nurse came to change my diapers and feed me more milk. I will see papa again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:01 PM

    Hmmmm. Evan, you looked quite like your dad a few days ago. Now I'm beginning to see my sister's features.

    I haven't had a chance to see you since we had that conversation your first day out. Waiting for the next opening when I can sneak in with you dad (hint, hint).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:30 PM

    Colin & Evan,
    It is good to see that Evan is progressing. Our prayers continue to be with you all.

    Aloha,
    Mark Papayoanou & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear little Evan,

    Wow! You are really a good boy!! So did you enjoy your quiet time with your mummy? I'm so happy that you don't need the oxygen anymore!

    Can you pls try to cry so you don't have to take so many medicine that will make you sleepy. Try to ask your little body to behave itself so you'll not need to suffer so much.

    I'm so glad you are gradually drinking more milk! I believe you are able to suck your milk from your milk bottle soon!! I'm patiently waiting for you to say goodbye to the yucky tube that is sticking into your throat though your sucking & swallowing are a little weak at the moment but try harder & do not give up so you can have a better life in future & I'm sure if you train yourself up very hard & do this well, you can go home to your daddy very soon!!

    Oh.... you so poor boy..... feeling loney without your daddy, huh? Don't worry your daddy will go & see you again tomorrow. Your mummy & Jesus is with you all the time to keep you company. You are cute... such a young age you also know how to get attention from your daddy, huh? But you did well! You know, I just showed my mummy your photos & she said you're a very strong boy! Praise God! I agree with her & I'm sure you agree with us too! Ok. I'll stop here from now. I'm getting ready to go to church already as today is good Fri & we're having a movie showing Jesus Story to our neighbourhood aunties & uncles near our church as it's a evangelistic movie.

    You take care & hope to hear good news from you soon!!

    I love you, my dear child!!

    Loves: Aunty Patricia Wong

    ReplyDelete