Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Miss My Mummy
(Adapted from “What makes a Mother”)

I thought of my mummy and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
“I miss my mummy.”
And I know I heard Him say
Your mummy’s love stays with you always
But, God, can my mummy love me
When she is not here with me?

Yes, she can he replied
With confidence in his voice
I give mummy to every baby
When they leave it is not their choice
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
Some I send to nurture the baby in their womb
But there’s no need to stay

I just don’t understand this God
I want my mummy here

He took a breath
And cleared his throat
And then I saw a tear…
I wish I could show you
What your mummy is doing today
If you could see your mommy smile
With other mummies and say
“We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear
I have grown to love my baby so much
Over the time he lives in my womb
I got to come straight to heaven
To be surrounded by angels
Who remind me of my beloved baby Evan
I feel so lucky to have a baby whom I love so much
I learned my lessons very quickly
My baby set me free

I miss my baby oh so much
But I visit him each day
When he goes to sleep
On his pillows where I lay
I stroke his hair and kiss his cheek
And whisper in his ear
Baby don’t be sad today
I’m your mummy and I am here”

So you see my dear sweet one
Your mummy is okay
Your mummy is here in My home
But her love for you will always stay
She’ll wait for you with Me
Until your lessons are through
And on the day you come home
She’ll be at the gates for you

So now you see
Your mummy loves you so
You can feel it in your heart
It’s the love she had so much of
Right from the very start
Though some on earth
May not realize
Until their time is done
Remember she gave you all her love
And know that you have
A Special Mom
- kindly contributed by Amanda from London

No comments:

Post a Comment