Saturday, April 29, 2006






Day 24 (Sat 29th April 2006): Grandpa Ben came today. He spent much time holding me. He sang to me and whistled to me some tunes. I fell asleep very fast. Grandpa was like Papa- sad and happy at the same time. Both don't sing as well as mummy either. I can tell that Grandpa misses mummy dearly. His music is tinged with the sadness of a setting sun. Mummy dearest, please help Grandpa Ben to find peace in his heart, wrap your arms around his shoulders and keep him warm with your love.

My Grandma Dot is also very sad and confused. Papa says that Grandma Dot's love for mummy was as rich as all the music in the world combined. She will take much time to understand all that has happened. Mummy dearest, please help extinguish Grandma Dot's fiery heart, embrace her distraught mind and shelter her soul in your bossom so that she may find everlasting solace.

Papa said that I was keeping up the good work. I am still drinking plenty of milk. I have been having difficulty sleeping. Papa says that makes me cry like a bleating lamb. He says it must be the weather. Papa says I must continue to work hard at growing stronger.

Papa was feeling sadder today. He says the weekends always bring back more memories of the happier times with mummy. He remembers their weekends sailing the open seas in their small sail boat off Sembawang coast. Papa was a keen sailor and mummy was his best mate. Papa says that his tears every night would remind him of the taste of the salty sea spray, on mummy's lips those many years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 AM

    dear evan,

    so glad ur grandpa ben came to see u today. i hope u can see ur grandma dot soon too.

    lots of luv to u and ur papa...

    mummy's fren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:48 AM

    Hey Evan,

    Yesterday (Sunday Apr 30), grandma Dot was watching old videos of your mum performing (piano) at Ratcliffe (sp?) College in the UK when she was 18. When I'm back from my next US trip, I'll try to get all the old footage of her digitized for your future enjoyment. Don't worry too much about grandma Dot, she may take a long time but she will eventually heal enough to come around.

    Cuz Hannah prayed for you last night, God bless!

    B-)

    ReplyDelete