Thursday, April 27, 2006




Day 22 (Thu 27th April 2006): I went back to see Dr Simon today at Mt Alvernia Hospital. He was happy to see me grow so fast! He told Papa that I was looking good. He said that my muscle "tone" was much better, my breathing looked healthy and that my heart rate was good. He was glad that I had put on weight- I am now 3.62kg! When I left the hospital, I was 2.28kg. That was 300g in 1 week! Papa was proud of me. Although he did mutter something about watching my appetite for the sake of my future National Service. My Papa worries too much. I am now drinking 90ml of milk every 3 hours. Sadly, I need to continue with my sleepy medicine for a few more weeks.

Godma and Papa said I should thank all the people that have prayed for my good progress. So to all of my loving aunties and uncles out there- THANK YOU! We also got to visit my favorite nurses in the NICU and the the kind Nuns of the Hospital Pastoral Care Service.

Papa said that though mummy cried heavily this morning for not being with us at the hospital, she would have been proud of me too. He pined for her to be with us at our sides. Mummy dearest, though the rain cannot wash away our tears and the thunder cannot mute our cries of anguish, do not worry. Papa and I will take care of each other. Through the countless lives that you have touched, you have left a legacy of love and caring as infinite as the water in the oceans. It is through these very lives that we will find comfort and warmth in your absence. Papa promises that he, you and I will walk together down this darkest of tunnels, three bodies in one soul. I love you very much mummy.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Dear Evan and Colin,

    Yeah! that's the spirit! Keep Going and walking in the faith of God and the prayers of your loved ones!

    We will be behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 PM

    Dearest Evan,
    I am so happy I finally got to see you & talk to you today. You smelled so deliciously sweet. I was busy chatting with you when your cousin Tim reminded me quietly to wash my hands 1st. (Which I did!!)He was sitting by your side like your guardian angel.By the way, you were fast asleep but I was thrilled when you took a peek at the weird aunty jabbering at you.Hope to see you soon!
    Lots of love,
    Aunty Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:53 AM

    col n evan,

    Hang in there.
    Always in our thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:14 AM

    Hi Evan,

    I have been busy so did not look at your site for a couple of days. My - how you have grown! You look happy and alert and that is so good to see. Tell your papa that he is doing a fine job with you. Help your papa through his grief by growing well and "playing up" i.e. being mischievous. Your mummy had a mischievous sense of humour and I think you may have inherited this cute trait. Keep up the good work Evan - keep drinkling that milk!

    ReplyDelete