Wednesday, April 12, 2006








DAY 7:
Today has seen Evan more active and responsive than he has ever been. This afternoon's visit to the hospital saw his oxygen tent removed once again (good news), and his feeds increasing to 30ml of milk/ 3hrs via the gastric feeding tube.

Dr Simon Ng reported that the 2nd repeat blood test that was done this morning, was negative for infections, so that was re-assuring. Evan however, continues to be given a cocktail of antibiotics to be on the safe side.

The afternoon visit today was shorter than I would have liked. I had a late start to the hospital and had to rush off again to the 6pm Mass at St Ignatius. [It was a Mass of Special Intentions for Frances and Evan. This was followed by a short service at St Mary of the Angels Church, at the columbarium niche for Frances (niche #3234).] Granny accompanied me to the hospital and prayed in the hospital chapel while I went up to visit Evan. I had to check to see if the batteries had run out on the MP3 player! (for those interested, I am using a borrowed Apple Shuffle).

It's getting late, and my mind is getting lazy, so I think that's about all I will say for today. Stay tuned for Day8's installment. I would like to thank all of you out there reading this for the kind comments and thoughts that you have shared with us, and the myriad ways that you have found to express your love for Frances, Evan and myself. Thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment