Thursday, May 11, 2006









Day 36 (Thu 11th May 2006): Papa says my feeds are up and my meds are down! I am now drinking 120ml of milk every three hours. Dr Phua has also told papa to reduce the dosage of my medication, and to eventually stop in one week's time. Wheee!

Papa says he is thinking of starting me on the pacifier. Everyone has a horrified look on their face whenever that word is mentioned. It must be a powerful thing. But I was not a happy kappy today. So papa tried giving me the pacifier for just awhile. There was a strange fuzzy feeling inside me as I sucked on it. But I really don't know what all the fuss is about. It's not scary at all. I quite liked it. Papa told me not to get too used to it. Maybe because it belongs to someone else.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 PM

    Hey Evan - don't let Papa kid you...that pacifier is ALL YOURS!!

    Although, I have no say that neither of my two kids had one, but they did suck their thumb. Many folks say that the pacifier is easier to get rid of as your thums is stuck to you and I've seen some kids as old as 6 or 7 still sucking their thumbs...fortunately, mine decided on their own to give theirs up.

    Both have pros and cons, I guess - you and your papa shoudl have a man-to-man discusion to decide which will be best for you.

    Good luck - and keep geting better - you're doing GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Have to apologise for the typos and grammatical errors in my previous post - typing faster than I am thinking (and I'm a slow typist)...geting old, lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:02 AM

    Evan, my daugther Natalie had her "jooke jooke " for 3 years and after that, we kept it for her in a little box for posterity. She still opens it once in a while to test it out. She was very happy with it but sadly, it may have made her teeth go crooked and your Dad had to straighten them out. But no regrets.

    uncle Bung

    ReplyDelete