Sunday, May 14, 2006




Day 39 (Sun 14th May 2006): Papa says that mummy and he love English football. Mummy's favorite team was MU, while papa supports Liverpool FC. They used to have affectionate sparring sessions whenever they watched their teams play. Papa says mummy would have wrinkled her nose last night. Liverpool won the FA Cup. Aunty Elena and Godpa Douglas are also strong supporters of Liverpool. Their neighbours must have thought they were all crazy last night. They were all making so much noise as the match was played out. It even woke me up. Aunty Shena and Uncle Andrew are also Liverpool supporters and we could hear them cheering all the way from our house too. Papa says that I will have to choose my favorite team carefully. Within extreme limits of course.

I am still drinking 105 ml of milk every three hours. I usually get very irritable in the late afternoons. I am crying alot these days. That always gets papa worried. Especially when he can't understand why I am crying. He says he feels very helpless. It is during these moments he wishes he could turn to mummy and rely on her judgement as well. He misses her much. Papa says that I have started to break out in pimples. Especially on the left side of my face. My aunty Elena has started applying some cream to it. They say that it should clear up by my second or third month. My fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Dear Evan,
    if you're anything like your daddy(even though in that picture you're beginning to look like Owen, you'll understand the significance of the last line of this poem.
    Its called 'Only God' by Helen Steiner Rice.

    At times Like these
    man is helpless...
    it is only God
    who can speak the words
    that calm the sea,
    still the wind,
    and ease the pain...
    so lean on Him
    and you will never walk alone.

    our faithful prayers continues for you all.

    From someone who cares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Evan - Papa is right...choose your team well. The New Zealand "All Blacks" are a safe bet ;)

    ReplyDelete