Monday, May 15, 2006




Day 40 (Mon 15th May 2006): I received a present today from my Uncle Nick and Aunty Wendy. All the way from England. Thanks! They sent me an engraved stand-up frame to display my first locks of hair and my first fallen tooth. Papa says that I will have to wait awhile longer before I can fill it up with the tooth. Meanwhile, papa says he will see if he can find one of his old baby teeth to fit the holder. I hope he cleans it up first.

My Godpa Douglas wants to celebrate my "stopping medication day". My last dose of sleepy medicine will be this Thursday. I am so looking forward to it. I wonder how we will celebrate.

Papa says that today marks the 40th day of mummy's passing. It still only seems like yesterday. Papa says that '40' has been the number of trial and privation in the Bible. From what papa has read, there were 40 years of Hebrew wandering in the desert, 40 days and nights of the great flood, 40 years of Philistine dominion over Israel, 40 days of Moses on Sinai, 40 days of mourning for Jacob and there are 40 days of Lent. Papa thinks that he will end up like the Hebrews wandering in the desert, mourning for 40 more years. Papa says that the tears flow as much as they did from the very first day. It is not something he says he can control easily these days.

Mummy dearest, I pray that you understand we love you very much. Papa says that he has not had a chance to tell you how much you meant to him, and how much he so loved you. He did not expect you to leave us so quickly. There were many things left unspoken. He wants you to know that even though he never really said it enough, that he loves you more than anyone, and yet so much more than anything. Too many words of love left unspoken, too many deeds of affection left undone. We love you dearly mummy, please understand that the most.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    dear Evan

    You are a real cutie, and we are all so glad you'll be off your sleepy meds this Thursday. No doubt your Papa will have his hands full with a livelier you soon.

    Tell your Papa that if he thinks your dearest Mummy didn't know how much he loved her, that she knows more than ever now. That her love for him and you rivals, now probably outdistances, his.

    Your Papa will mourn Mummy's loss a long time, and if you see him distant, you must forgive him, he's only thinking of her, he thinks much of you too.

    big hugs
    Auntie Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Evan,

    Hi! It's so nice that u can stop your sleepy meds this Thurs but Aunty Pat just started taking my sleepy meds cos I'm not feeling well. This morning my fever went up to 39 degrees so have to see doc & take my sleepy meds... Sob..sob.... Ok U enjoy yourself with yr celebration with yr Godpa. I've got to go & rest now. Take Care! Love u & daddy always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:05 PM

    Dearest Evan

    I dreamt of your mummy last night. She looked really at peace, like an angel.

    I miss your mummy terribly. I wish I had spent more time with mummy. It was always the church and singing that brought us together.

    I always thanked God for her leadership and talent, and how she had spent time working on her singing too - she sang beautifully at Fr Keane's celebration.

    Know that she is always with you because mummy loves you and always will.

    love and hugs

    auntie angela

    ReplyDelete