Thursday, May 18, 2006


Day 43 (Thu 18th May 2006): Papa says today was an important milestone. For today I celebrated my first drug-free day! My sleepy medicine has been stopped. Finally. To celebrate, papa opened one of my mummy's favorite bottles of white wine. The label said "Leeuwin Estate, Margaret River Rheisling, Art Series, 2002". Papa said that mummy and he had bought this on their last holiday to Perth four years ago. They were saving it for a special occassion like me.

I also visited Uncle Simon in his clinic today. He said I have been growing well and that my muscle tone is good. My weight is now 4.29kg! 1 kg more than when I was born. But Uncle Simon did a naughty thing to me today. He poked my leg with a sharp metal pokey thing! It was very painful! I was not a very happy puppy. Papa said that I cried like I was auditioning for Singapore Baby Idol, for more than half an hour! Papa said that it was needed to help protect me from nasty bugs. Anyway, at least I did get to see my favorite nurses at the NICU again. They helped to feed me my milk. They were very happy and proud to see me all grown up. Sister Bernadette also cuddled me today. Papa calls them my Guardian Angels in disguise.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Evan, you must have have immense lungs. Half an hour's worth of crying is quite something else. I must remind Papa of his famous last words of wanting to hear you cry. Congratulations on stopping medication. Keep the smiles coming. You're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:26 AM

    What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
    »

    ReplyDelete