Saturday, May 20, 2006







Day 46 (Sunday 21 May 2006): Mummy the Muscian...Today, being Sunday, papa felt that a photographic celebration of one of mummy's greatest talents-musicianship- was fitting. Papa says that there were few things that she did not do well. She was truly blessed with many gifts.

Mummy, the consumate muscian, was passionate in everything she undertook. Papa says that music was in her blood. A patient teacher, formidable musician, beloved choir mistress and impassioned vocalist. Music was her Gift that she shared freely with everyone around her. She did it with utmost joy, charity and aplomb. Music was her, she was music.

"She was gracious and energetic, simple, competent and hospitable. She found joy in serving others. She laughed far more than she cried and delighted in ordinary life. She was good and guiless at the very core of her being. I miss her as she was, not as I wished her to be. I lost a friend, a lover and a partner..."

"Our relationship was delightfully multi-dimensional. Her absence touches almost every area of my life. I am haunted by the memories. At times I feel almost desperate to find just one part of my life that was not affected by her presence and does not therefore suffer from her absence."


Die before you die. There is no chance after.
-C. S. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:13 PM

    (: she was a music prodigy in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:26 AM

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    ReplyDelete