Tuesday, September 05, 2006




Day 151 (Sunday, 3rd September 2006): We were invited to spend an early Sunday morning at the Botanics with Aunty Di. There was the obligatory 'breakfat' at the food court followed by an invigorating walk around the Gardens. It was a refreshing way to start the day. This was followed by morning Mass at the St Mary's Church with my Godma Audrey and her family.

Sunday tea time was spent with my Grandma Dot, Grandpa Ben, Aunties Tini and Kew and my cousins Abbey and Molly. It was Abbey's seventh birthday on Saturday. She was still glowing from all the adulation that she had received on Saturday from her relatives. Not to mention growing from all the food that has been pumped into her since she came to Singapore! Grandma Dot remarked at how tall I had grown. We spent more time together than we have had for a long time. I could perceive a growing sense of peace within her. As she cradled me contentedly in her arms, I think that I reminded her of mummy when she was small. The shadow of sadness still lingers over all of us. I pray that mummy will help sew our broken hearts together again.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Hello! Evan,
    I am sure you have had a great time with all your relatives and grands as well. Hmm.. what time mass do you and daddy go on Sun at St Mary's? I, too go to St Mary's. Hope to see you soon, though I don't know you. I go for 10.45 am mass.

    You take care of yourself and daddy, too. Ya?

    Blessings!
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Currently, Evan normally attends Mass at the Holy Spirit Church. We do the occassional St Mary of the Angels Mass at either 10.45am or 12.30pm. This current arrangement is one of convenience since we have moved out of our home near Mary's and are now living with my brother. Frances and I attended Mary's much prior to Evan's birth, and we both liked the Church very much. However, special memories are reserved for Frances's childhood and regular parish at the Church of St Ignatius. It is still too painful for me to make that journey there with Evan, as Frances was the choir mistress for the 10.45 Mass for a very long time. We will return one day with time, hopefully.

    Hope to see you one day in Church 'Snoopy'. Thanks.
    -Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    That's great! I look forward to "bumping" into you and daddy at St Mary's. Let me tell you a little secret. If you want to know where I sit, I sit very near the children's chapel, just beside the Sacristy Room. Please come forward to say Hello! to me when you attend 10.45am mass. I would love to see you!

    Blessings!
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete