Wednesday, September 13, 2006






Day 161 (Wednesday, 13th September 2006): I survived my physiotherapy today at the Mount Alvernia Hospital. It is the last session with Aunty Polly as she is moving on to another job elsewhere. She tested my back and neck muscles today. I still can't sit up as well as she would like me to. I also have to learn to hold my head up better. I am sure I will get stronger with time. We paid a visit to the nurses at the NICU too. Nurse Joanne was on duty today. She hadn't seen me for some time and was excited to see how much I had grown. Papa said that I had a frown etched on my face as I peered around the room. There was a familiarity about the place that made me a little unnerved. But this was quickly put at ease by the smiles and love that all the nurses there showered me with. They are the best.

In the afternoon, we had lunch with my Great Grandma Claire. She was thrilled to see me as usual. We spent the afternoon with her. Papa says that while I was having my afternoon beauty nap, Great Grandma was silently praying over me all the while. I slept for almost three hours this afternoon.

Later that evening, I had tea with my grandparents (mummy's side). They are leaving for a holiday in Australia tomorrow. They will be catching up with our relatives in Sydney and Melbourne. Two of them have been recovering from major surgery- one of them from spinal surgery and the other from major heart plumbing works. Both are recovering well. I want to wish them both a speedy recovery.

It's days like these when papa and I spend much time together, that I sense he misses mummy the most. Papa says it's like walking with one leg, and seeing with one eye. We both miss you very much mummy. Even though it's been five months, the hurting hasn't stopped. Wish you were here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Hi! Evan,

    I can emphathise with you and daddy abt missing your mummy. It's indeed very sad to loose a loved one and not being to spend the rest of his life with her. Tell daddy that mummy will send her kisses and love to all of you and time will heal the wound. I know it will take some time.

    In a meantime, enjoy the precious time that you have with daddy now. It can only happen once. When you are in school in a few years time, I tell you.... it will be a different ball game altogether. It's another milestone for both you and daddy.

    Blessings!
    "Snoopy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 AM

    Evan

    We miss your mummy very much too and even more so when we read your blog. Its nice to see your grandma Dot and grandpa Ben holding you and that things are healing well. Keep up the good work!

    Love

    Uncle Nick, Aunty Wendy and Arabella

    ReplyDelete