Thursday, September 14, 2006



Day 162 (Thursday 14th September 2006): My monthly visit with Uncle Simon at Mount Alvernia Hospital arrived. It turned out to be more of the usual. One jab on either thigh and some medicine squeezed down my throat. These will be the last set of major jabs for a while. Uncle Simon said that I appeared well and have been developing steadily. I have put on five hundred grams since my last weigh-in a month ago. I now weigh about 6.6kg. I took the jabs like a big boy. I cried a little but not very much.

Papa came down with his own bug today. He is feeling very much under the weather and has a bad sore throat and an achy body. He has been wearing a face mask to avoid contaminating me. He's been resting at home for the most part of the day.

This evening we had surprise guests. Aunty Angela and my little friend Amber came to visit me at home. It was a refreshing exchange of smiles and love. Aunty Angela was mummy's very good childhood friend. She used to sing with mummy's choir too. Amber is only a few years older than me. She tried holding me in her arms, but I was too squirmy for her. I hope to see her more often. Overall it's been a slow and relaxing day today.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:20 AM

    get well soon colin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:07 AM

    what a cheeky smile you have there, even while you were asleep?! stay cute and lovable, baby Evan.

    Wish you get well soon, Colin.

    Soo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all. Have made a recovery after sleeping it off for almost 14 hours on Thursday! No fever, body aches and chills gone, only a little more of the sore throat to resolve. Thoughts of Evan have been my best medicine.

    And yes Soo Jen, Evan smiles frequently when he is asleep! I reckon he's being amused by his Guardian Angels and our dearest Frances. And you wonder why babies sleep so much! Lucky him.

    -Colin

    ReplyDelete