Thursday, July 20, 2006




Day 106 (Thu 20th July 2006): Papa brought me for a very early morning walk at the Botanic Gardens yesterday. Aunty Mely came along too. We got there at 7.15am and had a good hour's exercise walking around the park. It was refreshing. We ended with a hearty breakfast at the new Taman Serasi food court. Papa likes coming to the park. It is visual therapy that also helps him clear his mind. I actually stayed awake for most of the walk. So I finally got to enjoy it too.

Today, papa and my Godma's brought me in to Mount Alvernia Hospital to see Uncle Simon. We paid a visit to the loving Sisters from the Pastoral Care unit and the kind nurses of the Neonatal ICU. They were thrilled to see me again. Nurse manager Tay was there to greet and cradle me. She was impressed by how much I had grown and changed. Sister Christine was in the chapel when we found her. She had just finished helping out for the daily hospital Mass. She was glad to see that Jesus and mummy were by my side all this while.

Papa said that I was on my best behavior today. Uncle Simon examined me and was very happy with my progress too. He said that I was developing very well. I could track sounds and respond to visual stimulation. I have also begun to turn over on my side. In fact, papa and Aunty Germaine were so thrilled when they put me on my tummy and I managed to turn over on my back all on my own! That was a momentous occasion according to papa. I have also started to vocalise more. Papa says I have become very talkative lately. He and Aunty Mely were tickled pink when I lay on my recliner and talked to them non-stop for almost ten minutes. I was regaling them with stories about my fun times in mummy's tummy and how safe I felt. I liked the part when I told them about how towards the later months, I used to play with her by kicking her tummy from the inside. I could hear her complaining to me about how uncomfortable it made her feel- but I could also feel that she was so happy through the loving tones in her admonishments. Boy was I having fun jabbering away last night. Papa said that it must have been all the sugars in the medications that were stimulating my noise box. He said that I sounded like a kitten caterwauling in pleasure and playfulness. He was happy for me.

I now weigh 5.62kg and my height is 63cm. Uncle Simon did a physical check-up for me and was happy with what he found. My heart sounds were good and my lungs were clear. My muscle tone was normal. Then it came time for the unpleasantness in my relations with him. Even papa was apprehensive. I cried. But only for a short while. Papa and Godma's were all very proud with how I acquitted myself today. I took it like a man. Papa says it was a sign of maturity. This time around, the vaccinations did not overwhelm me. I had two jabs, one on either leg. I was a brave boy. Their names were '5-in-1' and 'Pneumococcal'. They were formidable foes, but I managed to defeat them. I will face them again in the future I am sure. But for now, I am victorious! Tally ho!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Well done! Evan. You are growing up to be a cute little darling and I am very sure your mummy will be very happy to see your progress. I pray that she will talk w you in your sleep.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:42 PM

    your doing so well Evan! and u really are such a darling, seeing ur pictures make me smile.

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Hello Evan - I have been watching from the sideline everyday and had to speak up today to tell you how adorable you look...bu you know that already, don't you?

    Really, REALLY glad that you're coming along so well - Tally Ho, indeed! Keep fighting the good fight!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:39 PM

    This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    ReplyDelete