Tuesday, July 25, 2006


Day 111 (Tue 25th July 2006): Today marks the start of the Chinese Ghost Month (click link) according to papa. Some of my aunties are telling papa to be careful when bringing me out at night as there is a superstition that says "children are... advised to return home early and not to wander around alone at night. This belief is due to the reason that the wandering ghosts might possess children." Some say that I should also be given a cap to wear when I go out at night as the superstitions warn that the evil spirits enter the unprotected heads of innocent infant souls. I think they are just saying that to scare me. Papa says that this year's Ghost Month actually lasts for two calendar months due to some crack in the astrological time-space continuum or other, whatever.

This morning, Godma Audrey brought me to see her reflexologist, Aunty Josephine. Mummy used to see her regularly too. She gave my body and feet a very specific massage. It was meant to help me relax and to improve my muscle tone. It felt ticklish but sooo good.
Aunty Mely was also taught how to do it at home. I will be going back to see Aunty Josephine again soon. Papa is planning to expose me to other types of massage in the months to come- infant massage and physiotherapy. He says that there is nothing to lose. It can only help to improve my muscle tone and hopefully stimulate my development. But he says he will draw the line at luxury spa therapy.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 AM

    y pt? i thot uncle simon said his muscle tone is normal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Don't worry. Nothing curative. His muscle tone IS normal. It's mainly to help stimulate his muscle tone and co-ordination where possible. Something positive we can do for him while he is growing, instead of just lying on his cot the whole day, everyday. Aunty Mely tries her best, but she still can't take the place of nor offer the benefits of a full-time mum, his visitors are infrequent and sporadic, and his dad has to earn a living. Are we overdoing it? Don't think so. His visits are like going to the gym to work out 2-3 times a week, probably a lot less strenuous than a gym. So I figure that there is really nothing to lose. Even if he doesn't need the stimulation, it's a fun and interesting outing for him. Thanks for the concern 'ummi to d'. -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:33 PM

    thank you for the reply. being a mom to a special needs child i just raise a concern. work hazards of a SAHM esp to a special child :P
    putting evan on his tummy on the floor whenever possible will help him a lot. the floor IS the gym!
    u can read http://www.iahp.org/How_To_Teach_Yo.229.0.html

    take care & kisses to evan
    Papa is doing a darn good job, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evan is getting so darn big!! I can't believe it! He is so adorable and I love visiting his site everyday.

    Alisha
    http://izabeljack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete