Friday, July 28, 2006



Day 113 (Thur 27th July 2006): I met Aunty Polly today. She works at Mount Alvernia Hospital and she is a physiotherapist. She did an assessment of my physical development. My Godma Elena helped to get us an appointment. Papa said that it was so we could learn more about how to make me grow better and stronger. Aunty Polly told papa that the right side of my body- my hands and legs- was somewhat stiffer than my left side. It was nothing pronounced and was just something for me to work on as I grew bigger. She kept pulling me onto my tummy. I didn't like that at all. I cried. She kept holding me in these funny positions. I was starting to feel very uncomfortable. I was not a happy kappy. She tried to make me happier by bringing out some toys. One of them made a lot of noise. It was irritating. I wasn't impressed. I kept asking papa if I really had to come back and see her in two weeks time. Papa gave me a look that said yes. Aunty Polly prescribed some daily exercises that I had to do and some massaging of my right arms and legs. The exercise on my tummy is no fun. Papa said it reminded him of his army days. Now I get my own exercise mat to roll on. Papa was complaining at how expensive the massage gel was. He had to buy the French, non-oily, hypo-allergenic massage gel. This is to prevent the rashes on my face from worsening.

After the morning torture session, papa brought me back to my home, where he and mummy used to stay. He had to fetch some stuff and also help to maintain the place with Aunty Mely's help. I could feel mummy's presence. The sounds and smells were familiar. Papa brought me around the house, showing me all the things he and mummy shared. I could sense his sadness. He was putting on a brave face for me. He tried to amuse me by jogging me around the dining room. That tickled me very much and made me laugh. He was so thrilled to hear me laugh. It was my very first spontaneous laugh for papa. He looked charmed. Papa hopes that I will grow up with a great sense of humour to accompany my hearty laugh. He said that we will make a great team then. Papa placed me onto his and mummy's bed for the very first time. I felt peaceful and comfortable. Somehow it all seemed so familiar. I felt at ease on the soft comforter. It was as if I had been here before. The only thing missing was mummy's singing and music in the background. Papa was smiling at me and tearing at the same time, as he cuddled and cooed with me on the bed. I think he was remembering.

Mummy dearest, I wonder when papa will be strong enough to come back home. I look forward to that day. But I think that he is still finding it difficult to be surrounded by all your things. He misses you very much. I will be patient and wait for him to be stronger. Don't worry mummy, I will take care of papa. You take care of yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:07 AM

    Hey Evan
    Reading this post made me remember the times we spent at your house for choir practice and when your mummy taught joe and I conducting. Those were fun. There was a period of time we had a choir to sing for the 6pm Mass and we almost wanted to call ourselves Atassimo. I will explain when u are older :-)
    I miss those times spent with your mummy.

    This sunday is the Feast of St Ignatius and our family choir will be singing some of the songs which ur mummy arranged music for. I hope we will do her proud.

    You are doing so well ! Papa's doing great with you too!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Hi Evan

    I was at the Family Choir Mass for the Feast of St Ignatius and heard their rendition of your mummy's arrangement of Take and Receive and Take my Life. Suffice to say that the congregation were silently listening in awe to the beautiful music of the choir under Auntie Hannah's baton!

    Certainly too it brought back many wonderful memories of practices with your mummy when she tried to perfect our rendition of the same hymns!

    Love
    Auntie Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:54 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:10 PM

    I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    ReplyDelete