Monday, July 24, 2006






Day 109 (Sun, 23 July 2006): The Philharmonic Chamber Choir of Singapore is presenting a concert called "Night Songs" (click link) on the 4th and 5th of August 2006 at the Esplanade Recital Studio. This concert is a dedication to mummy, in memory of her many musical contributions. Papa says that thoughtful members of the TPCC played a significant part in mummy's life for many years. She loved them all very much, and many happy times were spent together. She made many dear and wonderful friends while singing with the TPCC.

Papa will be attending the concert and would like to encourage as many people to support this concert. It promises to be a very emotional and inspiring evening. Papa says that he hopes he will be strong enough to stand up to the memories. He expects them to come flooding back with a vengeance after successfully supressing them for the last few weeks. Papa looked sad and apprehensive. The TPCC was a large part of mummy's life. There were many strong memories associated with the group and their music. She was part of their alto group. It was truly a labour of love for her. She traveled far and wide with the group as they participated in overseas competitions and concerts to much accolade. Many long gruelling hours were spent practising for their challenging concerts and CD recordings. It brought much happiness to her. It brought many vivid and agonising memories for papa. He cried more tonight than in the entire last week. He wonders how he will survive the actual night.

Mummy dearest, I wish I could be by papa's side on that night, to hold his hand and tell him it's all right. But I can't for the time being. So I pray that you will stand by his side that evening and hug him tight. Bolster his strength and courage with your love and compassion. Pacify his heart with your spiritual peace and help ease his pain with your heavenly kiss.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 AM

    Dear Baby Evan

    Music does the same thing to me too. At Mass yesterday we sang Because the Lord is my Shepherd. Tears crept to my eyes and there was a lump in my throat which stopped me from singing as I heard your mummy's voice. Earlier, the Psalm made me pray for her : "Shepherd me O Lord, beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life." I feel comforted to know that she is looking at us and interceding for us as we continue our pilgrimage on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:11 AM

    dear Evan
    mass yesterday was difficult for me too. there were many familiar hymns that I couldn't get through...
    grief is a strange, living thing. just when you think you've done a good job mending the dam, new cracks appear.
    you and Papa are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:29 AM

    Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
    »

    ReplyDelete