Thursday, August 10, 2006




Day 125 (Tue, 8th August 2006): Tuesday was a very busy day. I went for my four month checkup with Uncle Phua (he's my paedatric neurologist). He's my Mr Smiley. He's always smiling and happy. He tested my reflexes and measured my muscle tone. He said that he was generally pleased with my progress so far. I now weigh 6.3kg. I should keep working on improving my muscle tone, which he said was on the marginally tenser side. Otherwise, there was nothing to be worried about at this stage. After we had said goodbye to Uncle Phua, we paid a visit to Uncle Suresh. He was mummy's doctor and helped take care of me while I was in mummy's tummy. He is a very calm and gentle man. It wasn't long before he put me to sleep on his shoulders. There was something about his voice that sounded so familiar. We then had to rush off to my appointment with Aunty Josephine. She's my reflexologist. Mummy had been seeing her regularly for a long time before I was born. Aunty Jo was now helping me to grow stronger. She has very soft and soothing hands. She was hinting to papa that he should allow her to work on him too. She said papa probably needed it more than I did. But papa recoiled in horror. He said he was too ticklish to survive such therapy.

That night papa was invited over to Uncle Kek's and Aunty Ai Chun's home so that I could visit my buddy Vee Shen. He's three months older than me. We talked for a while and compared notes on the girls we had met, the latest toys that had just been released and the best types of milk we had tasted. Vee's fond of his food just like I am. Needless to say it didn't take long for us to finally get wasted on silly banter. After which we collapsed snoring in small heaps next to each other.

Mummy, papa and I miss your presence very much. Papa says that these were the moments you had been so looking forward to experiencing- all three of us enjoying the adventures of life as a loving family together. We miss you sorely. Papa says there is nothing worse than "enduring the unendurable". We love you the mostest mummy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:54 AM

    Dear Evan,

    You look the picture of good health! I'm pleased your papa is taking such good care of you. He must do a lot of running around with all those appointments! Continue to grow up strong and happy. You bring lightness and brightness to your papa at this very difficult time still.

    Thinking and praying for you both,

    Lots of love
    A. Gerry and family

    ReplyDelete