Sunday, August 13, 2006


A letter to Papa and Evan from an ex-DBS colleague of Mummy, Jean (printed with permission):

"Just a casual note to say hi and to say that Frances has also been missed very much.

The tears never cease to flow whenever I visit the blog.

In the early morning of 9th August at 7.20am, I was awakened by the Primary School band playing over at our Eunos basketball court. It was to welcome our MP to celebrate National Day. At that instance I cried from up at 15th Floor of my flat - because I thought of Frances. Even at hotel lounges whenever I come across piano music I would think of Frances.

She was my officer when I was in DBS for a couple of years and thereafter for a year after I returned from my studies. We had dinner once after she left DBS and I have attended her concert once at Chimes. Initially we did touch base shortly after she left DBS. But things got busy and I took many things for granted. I have always wanted to ask her to teach me to how to play the piano. I told myself that I would send her an email one day, but never got around to doing it. This dragged on year after year. She told me over dinner that we must have goals in our life and be focused in what we want to do. I have yet to learn a lot from her and now she is gone.

For a person like me who had hardly been in contact with Frances, even I can feel the great sense of loss. Thus I can understand how you must feel. Though people always say time can heal, the loss you feel must be immense. It is easier for us to say move on. But I guess no one can relate to the moments you and Frances shared and the loss you have felt.

Colin, I would like to share that I personally learned a lot from Frances's sudden departure and from the blog. Frances's sudden disappearance has taught me to treasure the people around me regardless of how busy life can be. Frances's command of the English has always been admired. That was why my boss would definitely call her along for some bond deals that required liaising with the lawyers and thereafter follow-up on documentation that required a certain level of meticulousness. She was like always ready for everything. Frances was really so talented in many areas.

Please do take care and I will pray to Jesus that you will have a smooth transition during this time of loss and that Evan will grow to be a healthy and tremendous kid.

Frances will always be in our minds as a special person - a multi-talented person.

With Regards
Jean"

No comments:

Post a Comment