Tuesday, August 15, 2006





Day 130 (Sunday, 13th August 2006): I had my first chance at "swimming"! Sunday afternoon saw me and my cousins Timothy and Andrew frolicking in the swimming pool. Papa held on to me as we went into the water together. He said that mummy and he enjoyed swimming very much. He hoped that it meant that I would also have it in my genes. The water was cold. I was a little frightened at first, and made sure I clung onto papa very tightly. After a while I found it quite fun, and it wasn't long before I was kicking my feet underwater. There were many other kids in the pool too. They were splashing around and making lots of noise. I found it a strange but interesting experience. Papa said I wore a worried but calm look on my face. Papa said that I had to take one step at a time. He was careful to make sure that my head was kept above the water. I think papa was more concerned that I wasn't wearing any diapers! He said he had to keep a sharp eye out for UFO's (unidentified floating objects). He was later informed that there were apparently diapers made especially for swimming that could be bought from the stores. He was highly amused. Plastic reusable casings that kept everything in it seems. Anyway, I was a good boy and papa was glad that they did not have to evacuate the pool. He said he was so pleased with my performance, that we would be back for more hydro-therapy soon.

Mummy, wish you had been there to see me take my first "swim". I am starting to miss you even more. Love you always.

3 comments:

  1. Colin, Huggies makes Swimmers. They are wonderful and are just lke a diaper. They don't get all heavy and yuck though. Izabel loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the useful advice Alisha.

    -Evan's Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:44 PM

    We are passing you all of Noah's Nemo swim diapers since he is as toilet trained as a 1-yr old can be. Good thing Evan can make use of them ... I kinda like the patterns.

    B-)

    ReplyDelete