Wednesday, April 19, 2006






Day 14 (Wed, 19th April 2006): Homecoming! I checked out of the hospital at 11am on Wed. There were many people there to greet me. It was the first time that I have been out of the ICU. It was fun. But I was very sad to say goodbye to all my nurses. I will miss them. They were very kind to me. I will miss their voices and gentle touch. There were so many people walking around the hospital. And for once there was no soapy smell to peoples' hands. Papa and Sister Bernadette Yeo brought me to the chapel for a thanksgiving service before I left. That made me sad.

I went home in Papa's car. It was very bumpy. So much sound. So many new things to see. So many people. We are going to be staying with my Uncle Douglas and Aunty Elena. Uncle Douglas is my Papa's eldest brother. My cousins Timothy and Andrew love me very much.

I have been drinking my milk well. I am now up to 60ml of milk every 3hrs. I still have to take the sleepy medicine. Papa keeps playing music to me. He says the music is of mummy's voice. That one day I will sing as good as her. Papa says her music touched many peoples' lives. Mummy's good friend came to see me today. She used to sing with mummy. She said that my mummy was a very good person, and that she had never heard anyone say anything bad about her ever. She said everyone that met mummy loved her. Mummy dearest, why aren't you here to show me the way?

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Dear Evan - I'm guessing you're at your uncle's house by now - 60ml of milk every 3 hours...WOW!

    In no time, you'll be big and strong, then you'll start rolling...then crawling...then walking and in the blink of an eye you'll be a young man. Well, mayboe not the blink of an eye...but you're off to a great start!

    Remember to always look after your Papa. We'll continue to pray for you.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:18 PM

    Dearest Evan

    I am sooo happy to hear that Daddy has taken you out of hospital. I can't wait to come and visit you.

    I do keep thinking of your mummy, and I always see her smiling face.

    love,

    Auntie Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Dear Evan,

    I am so glad that you are out of the hospital. I will come visit soon.

    Don't worry ... Mommy is looking over you and Daddy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:22 PM

    Dear Evan

    We are so glad you are out of hospital! You are a beautiful baby and it's good you look like your Mummy (and your Papa) coz your Papa will always be able to see her in you...

    You are a lovely lovely child, a much cherished and precious child, and we very much hope to see you soon when you and and your father have settled down.

    Auntie Michele & family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Hi Evan,
    How wonderful to be out of hospital and in a home environment. You have obviously responded positively by drinking your milk so well. I'm glad that your papa has Uncle Douglas and Aunty Elena as well as your cousins to help care for you. Not to mention the extended family of the Ongs and Ngs!

    You look beautiful in all your photos and in some of them you look like papa and in others you look like your mummy - that's not surprising though is it?

    Lots of love and positive thoughts to you, your papa and all the family in Singapore. God's blessings on you all. From the Lee family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Evan,

    I'm just cruising by and see your beautiful blog and all the photos! Wonderful! I thought I'd give you some advice on how to keep the words from getting 'squished' on the edges. You can put your text between each of the pictures if you go to the HTML editor and add this code after each picture
    [div style="clear:both;"][/div]

    Instead of the [] quotes use the pointy ones < > as the pointy ones cannot be typed in comments so you have to change those if you use the code. :)

    Good luck with with everything. Keep the photos coming! :)

    ReplyDelete