Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Day 5: Daddy visited me today, and I was hiccupping! Today, I had more milk added to my feed. It has increased from 5ml, to 10ml to today's 18ml, every 3 hrs. Yum yum. Mummy loved to drink milk, so I guess I must be taking after her. Daddy always used to tease mum by calling her a cow. Although, I don't understand that, cos cows don't drink milk! I was feeling more lively today, stretching and moving my arms all over the place and I was yawning quite alot too. They finally took me off my nasal airway, and replaced it with an oxygen tent over my head. The nurse said that I was getting 30% oxygen at the moment, down from 40% earlier.

I was a good boy today, the nurses said I was trying very hard, and that my body temperature was stable, AND that there were no more tremors today! But the doctor said that I still needed my medication for the time being, which is making me very sleepy and is making me yawn so much. I hate it, but I am sure they are doing this for my own good.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 PM

    Good for you Evan.... you're getting stronger everyday!! PTL!! Soon you can come out of your tent and start playing with all your cousins, uncles and aunts. Be a good boy and help daddy thru this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Very encouraging. Get well soon! There are lots of hugs and kisses waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 AM

    Dear Evan - You obviously have your mum's and dad's strength. Keep fighting the good fight! We have friends not just here, but in other parts of the world praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Evan & Daddy Colin,

    Hi! Evan, I'm so happy to see your photo together with daddy! You are really very cute & you are a good boy too. Aunty Pat & my friends in church are praying for both you & daddy everyday that the Lord will strengthen both of you everyday!! Continue to be a good boy & make your daddy smile everyday with your sweet big smile. Evan, I want to tell you that I love you very much! I'm sure you can make it thru & you'll grow up to be more like Jesus! Amen!

    Dai Lou,

    Be strong! I know it's not easy for you to be both mummy & daddy at the same time but I believe you can make it thru God's strength. Hang on there! You have all our supports! Hope to see you back to your cheerful old self again when I go to MP to visit you when you are back. :)

    A verse to encourage you:

    Psalm 55:22
    'Cast your cares on the Lord & He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:37 PM

    Evan dearest,
    It's so wonderful to see you getting stronger each day....
    I was so thrilled to see you open both your eyes when I was talking to you and telling you, "Your mummy loves you very much".. that also brought tears of joy. I know your mummy is looking down from heaven and will take good care of you and your daddy.
    I love you lots too... and can't wait to shower you with lots of kisses!!

    ReplyDelete