Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:13 AM

    QUIETNESS - Doran

    "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD,"
    That I who made and gave thee life
    Will lead thy faltering steps aright;
    That I who see each sparrow's fall
    Will hear and heed thy earnest call.
    I AM GOD

    "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD"
    When aching burdens crush thy heart,
    Then know I form thee for thy part
    And purpose in the plan I hold.
    TRUST IN GOD

    "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD"
    Who made the atom's tiny span
    And set it moving to My plan,
    That I who guide the stars above
    Will guide and keep thee in My love.
    BE THOU STILL

    ReplyDelete