Monday, April 24, 2006


Day 19 (Mon, 24th April 2006):

What Good Is Love
I waited for your love in hope,
That ours would come again,
And make me feel the things I felt,
When we were one, back then.

But time and distance have erased,
The things I wished anew,
And now I find myself alone,
Though I am here with you.

What good is love, that does not touch,
What good is love, that gives you pain.
What good is love, that makes you run,
And makes you lost out in the rain.

I travelled to another world,
Out far beyond the one we knew,
I thought that I could live again,
And now I find I'm back with you.

But what of hearts that beat as one,
And what of passion and embrace,
Is it too much to ask of you,
To make these tears of mine erase.

What good is love, that does not touch,
What good is love, that gives you pain.
What good is love, that makes you run,
And makes you lost out in the rain.

Too painful this - to journey back,
To times of love and laughter free,
The times we lay together with
A sense of you , a sense of me.

So now, I journey on alone,
Forever wandering, in my thoughts,
And I shall ask you once again,
What good is love.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.

    But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

    To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

    To know the pain of too much tenderness.

    To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

    And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

    To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

    To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

    To return home at eventide with gratitude;

    And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

    The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Daddy,
    I know it's hard for you to see tomorrow
    Now that mummy is gone
    It's harder still to realize
    That our life will still go on

    But the Lord told me
    That he won't give you burdens
    He knows you cannot bear
    He will not leave you comfortless
    You'll always find Him there

    Mummy is walking close to God
    Surrounded by His love.
    He has in turn sent me down to earth
    Your Chosen child by birth
    Your Chosen child I really am

    Daddy,
    I am here to fill your heart with love
    And void your heart of emptiness
    I will drive away the sadness
    And fill your days with happiness.
    I want to take care of you, Daddy,
    And be there for you come what may

    But for now Daddy,
    I am small and weak
    Just hang in there and wait for me
    I will grow up and it won’t take very long
    I Promise.

    "EVAN"

    ReplyDelete